Saturday, March 11, 2023

Educational Blogging

 Educational Blogging is a great form of communication for teachers, students, and community members. In an educational blog teachers can post tips and tricks, research findings, pros and cons of activities, etc.. People can research specific educational topics and receive information and opinions on each topic form other educated individuals. Students using educational blogs can receive classroom information but also share feedback on the classroom activities. Parents can do the same by learning what is happening within a child's classroom or within the school's community. 

I had the opportunity to read a few blogs that my peers from my ETEC 386 class. The first one I read was

Group of diverse children waving.
by Marisa Chapman about standardized testing in elementary schools. I chose to read this blog because I have strong opinions on the topic. Marisa seemed to have the same feelings on testing that I do. Testing can be helpful if teachers are not only trying to "teach the test", which is a common problem of how intelligent a child is, a I completely agree with her! I also read Saylor Johnson's blog about classroom rules but also allowing the children to create rules. I think that this is so important because children, especially elementary age, need to feel like they have some sort of control over their day. She also mentioned that when children know what is expected of them, there is a better chance of them the exact expectation if they have created the rule. Finally, I read a blog on special education by Alyssa Corb. I also have a background with working with individuals with special needs. She mentioned that there is a certain stigmatism for special education. I know this to be true and I think that it is great that she mentioned it in her blog. It is good for people who do not have experience with individuals with disabilities to know that they are extremely capable and do not need "special schools". I really enjoyed reading my peers blogs to see what interests them! 

Overall, I think that I will continue to blog once I become a teacher. I might use my blog to communicate with parents, teachers, students, and community members. I think it is a great way to learn and share information on topics that you feel strongly about. Personally, I chose to talk about children's book and what I love about early literacy. I enjoyed being share my opinions with my classmates! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Educational Blogging

 Educational Blogging  is a great form of communication for teachers, students, and community members. In an educational blog teachers can p...